Friday 3 February 2023

The Perfect Girl

 


The Perfect Girl by Kelly Golden- psychological thriller

Emma lives with husband Mike and young daughter Arla in Cornwall . Sophie, who has been Mike’s friend since childhood, is someone Emma has always been a little cautious of. When Sophie moves in close by and her new husband doesn't arrive Emma wonders if there is a hidden agenda and her radar is on high alert but she does her best to become friends with Sophie to at least keep the peace. Emma has recently lost her mother who lived with them and she was very close to. She hasn't really grieved and sees and hears her several times a day giving her advice. When JB Sophie's husband arrives Emma is convinced that she knows him. She also has a secret that she has never revealed to anyone. When things start being moved that put young Arla’s life in danger Emma begins to wonder about those around her. Can she survive the visit and is Arla safe?

I really enjoyed this. It's a nice paced read and a good length book. You have that air of tension that something is amiss just not quite what. I liked Emma and felt for her predicament. A story of complex relationships and sometimes how the only person you can trust is yourself- or is it?

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

--------------------

The Perfect Girl He always said she was just a friend… What if she’d kill for more? Sophie is perfect. She has blonde hair and blue eyes and when she smiles her teeth sparkle. And she cares; she’s passionate. Everybody loves her. So would I, except she’s my husband Mike’s best friend, and sometimes they seem a little too close for comfort. This summer, Sophie is renting the grand house next door, bringing over fancy wine, offering to babysit our beautiful three-year-old daughter. It’s nice, actually. She’s smart and funny. Maybe the way she is with Mike – squeezing his arm, tilting her head when she laughs at his jokes – is just how she is with everybody. But then she says something that sends a shiver down my spine – does she know something about me she shouldn’t? And when her new husband arrives, looking slightly too familiar, I realise my time is running out. My baby girl and I are in terrible danger. Sophie really is perfect. She has me perfectly trapped. And as my world begins to crumble, I start to wonder: does Sophie just want to steal my husband, or has she planned the perfect murder? A completely unputdownable psychological thriller that will keep you flicking through your Kindle late into the night. Perfect for fans of The Housemaid, The Guest List and anything by Louise Candlish, Erin Kelly or TM Logan. Purchase Links UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Girl-absolutely-psychological-jaw-dropping-ebook/dp/B0BRNS38LZ US - https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Girl-absolutely-psychological-jaw-dropping-ebook/dp/B0BRNS38LZ


Author Bio –

I’m the working mum of a bossy little girl and a bossier cat called Pesto. We live in the southwest of England and escape to the beach whenever we can. I’ve never stopped writing my whole life but this is the first time I’ve published a book! Social Media Links – facebook.com/KellyGoldenBooks twitter.com/KellyGolden1234 instagram.com/kellygoldenbooks






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...