Thursday 4 October 2018


39890691

In Her Shadow - Mark Edwards-
Jessica lost her sister a  few years ago when she fell off the balcony at her house.
 When they were children something happened that made them minor celebrities
for a short time- all to do with ghosts and spirits, which Jessica now can’t stand and
doesn’t believe in. Her mother however is a bit of a believer in such things and has
a spiritualist friend.  Jessica’s daughter Olivia, who is only four, is saying rather strange
things about Izzy as if she is her imaginary friend, however somethings she couldn’t
possibly know or have heard. What really happened to Izzy? Jessica’s curiosity gets
the better of her and as she finds out more the more she needs to know.
Sometimes I wish Mark Edwards wasn’t an author (just kidding) as he has the talent
(or is a power?) to make time and real life disappear. He is one of my go-to authors
and this book reflects this, I couldn’t put it down. A mystery and almost a ghost story.
I’m not into ghost stories but this had me hooked. Mark’s style of writing is such that
it grabs you from the outset, twists you around a little and makes you want more and
more. It’s one of those that you want to get to the end to find out what happens but
at the same time you don’t want it to end as it is so enjoyable. It made me a little
anxious and a little chilled  and kept me on the edge of my seat. If you haven’t read a
book by Mark and you enjoy psychological thrillers then I would highly recommend
trying one- but be warned- you might not put it down!
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...