Friday 8 October 2021

 



The Huntsman-(DS Royston Chase#1) Tony J Forder - crime

Oh what a treat, what a delight! DS Royston Chase is charged with, ok let's be

honest, throws himself at a case that intrigues him for a very good reason.

The retired titled chief constable who was known by all and sundry to like a

drink and think nothing of then driving has landed himself and sadly others in

a multi vehicle fatal collision. So far so (almost) straight forward. The icing to

Royston is that Sir Ken was found to have a young passenger who, shall we

say, was found in rather peculiar circumstances at the scene. A young person

who hasn't been reported missing or whom anyone knows anything about.

Royston has a certain lack of filter (his own words)-he opens his mouth and

puts both size nines  well and truly in it at times. When DC Claire Laney is his

new partner, he shovels and digs a rather large hole for himself, his brain not

having engaged with his mouth. 

Tony has a talent- a rare and wonderful thing for making characters come alive

very quickly and making them real. I'm writing some of this less than 20%

of the way in and already I love Royston and I'm smiling just thinking about

it- such a character developing before my eyes. So much so that I don’t want

to stop reading. A tricky , unusual and well thought out plot and one with

twists and turns along the way. I did wonder whether a new character would

stand up to my love of Jimmy Bliss- well this is his close relative! (as such).

This has to be one of my books of the year- I wanted to find out what happened

but didn’t want it to end. A loveable rogue, a maverick at times but always

with the right intentions. I can’t wait for the next one. Love Royston <3 

For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

-------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...