Friday 26 May 2017

Baby Love by Emmanuelle de Maupassant

Baby love- Emmanuelle de Maupassant 4*

A diary written with fun in mind. A woman scorned in the throws of late pregnancy. Not my usual subject matter at all (in fact miles away from it). That said I enjoyed this lighthearted, comedic read. Well written in the first person from Delphine’s point of view this is written as if you had penned it yourself. (no “I”’s or “me”’s if that makes sense just “Went to the bathroom and...”). Somehow this makes it more personal and you feel that you get to know Delphine quickly and easily. A short story to be enjoyed over coffee on a summer’s day. I voluntarily chose to read this ARC and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...