Thursday 11 May 2017

Big little lies

Big little lies- Liane Moriarty- 4*

Suburban “moms”, little lives and little lies. When I looked at reading this I didn’t know about the TV series (I watch very little) but when I saw Nicole Kidman was Celeste, the character fitted well in my mind’s eye. A story of hidden truths, of what goes on unknown to others, irrespective of who has the best car/house/bank balance and of friendships that break or endure. The main story line is interspersed with “statements” from witnesses to the event, an event we don’t find out about until late in the book. To me, at the beginning I found this a little difficult to get into but was soon into the flow of things- so don’t give up! The characters are likeable albeit a little tenuous in some cases. Others come across as more real and feisty- in a good way, and some appear just up for a fight. True colours always show when there is animosity! A story to make you think. An enjoyable read with a difference.
I voluntarily chose to read this ARC and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...