Saturday 23 November 2019




Mistress- Stewart Giles- Crime
Oh blimey crikey! Where do I start? Perhaps with a warning…. do not start this book
if you want/need to put it down or be involved in real life. It has that magical
magnetism that keeps you turning for “just one more chapter”... and another… and
another. I devoured this . Miranda is on a spree again only this time she has killed
someone on the force and then off to pastures new. DS Swales has the bit between
his teeth and teams up with a blogger to go after Miranda on the far side of the
pond. One thing leads to another and they are so near yet so far. We get
alternating chapters from Miranda being incarcerated and her side of what happens
on the way across the USA. This is the sequel but could possibly stand alone- then
again why miss out on the first equally brilliant read? (Miranda). I loved Swales
and Lisa. Their determination and tenacity along with a little humorous banter
with each other. I won’t give anything away but very much look forward to
the next installment…… 
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

Mistress: the sequel to Miranda, a psychological thriller by Stewart Giles ‘My name is Miranda, and I’m a serial murderer.’ ‘I have killed again!’ From #1 bestseller Stewart Giles comes the sequel to Miranda, a psychological thriller. Miranda is on the run from the Dunford Police and has managed to flee the UK. The story continues as we follow Miranda to the USA. With the body count increasing all the time will Miranda ever be caught. This is a gripping page-turner that keeps the adrenaline pumping as Miranda manages to keep just one step ahead of DS Swales. With numerous twists and turns all the way to the absolutely brilliant ending this is a must read for anyone who loves psychological thrillers. What readers are saying about Miranda: ‘Stewart Giles has hit it out of the park with Miranda. She lived in my head for more than a week after I finished reading the book, which I did in a day because I just couldn’t put it down.’ – Heather Opperman ‘Love this book, so different from normal crime books and had me hooked from the very first page.’ – Black Books Blog ‘Wow, Stewart Giles has really pulled it out of the bag this time. This is an awesome read from an author who has really stepped outside the box’ – Books ‘n’ All ‘I was fortunate enough to be able to read this book a week or so. It is AMAZING. Very different, absolutely riveting. A must read for fans of crime fiction with a difference’ – Sandra Brown ALSO BY STEWART GILES DS JASON SMITH SERIES Book 0.5-Phobia Book 1-Smith Book 2-Boomerang Book 3-Ladybird Book 4-Occam’s Razor Book 5-Harlequin Book 6-Selene Book 7-Horsemen Book 8-Unworthy Book 9-Venom Book 10-Severed DC HARRIET TAYLOR SERIES Book 1-The Beekeeper Book 2-The Perfect Murder Book 3-The Backpacker DS JASON SMITH &DC HARRIET TAYLOR SERIES Book 1-The Enigma Book 2 – Dropzone THE MIRANDA TRILOGY Book 1-Miranda Book 2-Mistress Book 3-coming soon

Stewart Giles – Author Bio

After reading English at 3 Universities and graduating from none of them, I set off travelling around the world with my wife, Ann, finally settling in South Africa, where we still live. 
In 2014 Ann dropped a rather large speaker on my head and I came up with the idea for a detective series. DS Jason Smith was born. Smith, the first in the series was finished a few months later. 
3 years and 8 DS Smith books later, Joffe Books wondered if I would be interested in working with them. As a self-published author, I agreed. However, we decided on a new series - the DC Harriet Taylor Cornwall series.
The Beekeeper was published and soon hit the number one spot in Australia. The second in the series, The Perfect Murder did just as well. 
I continued to self-publish the Smith series and Unworthy hit the shelves in 2018 with amazing results.  I therefore made the decision to self-publish The Backpacker which is book 3 in the Detective Harriet Taylor series which was published in July 2018.
After The Backpacker I had an idea for a totally new start to a series – a collaboration between the Smith and Harriet thrillers and The Enigma was born. It brings together the broody, enigmatic Jason Smith and the more level-headed Harriet Taylor. 
Miranda is something totally different. A stand-alone psychological thriller, it is a real departure from anything else I’ve written before. 
Website: www.stewartgiles.com
Twitter: @stewartgiles
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stewart.giles.33

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...