Tuesday 5 November 2019

47575210. sy475

The Other Daughter- Shalini Boland-psychological thriller
Rachel lives in Dorset with her partner and two children. One day at the school gate
she does a double take. One of the other mothers older children is the double of
Rachel’s Daughter Holly who was snatched nine years ago. She would know those
green eyes anywhere. She was in a shopping centre having a coffee with a friend
when it happened. The woman taking her, Catriona narrates some chapters whilst
Rachel has the others.  Rachel befriends the family to try and find out more about
them and the daughter who is now called Bella. Shalini knows how to write
psychological thrillers, all of her books have achieved 5 stars from me.
A brilliant plot line that keeps you on the edge of your seat and characters
that you quickly take to. This one however was slightly different- there was
that moment when I read a couple of sentences and sat there with my mouth
wide open (thank heavens I wasn’t in a public place!) I won’t spoil anything
but OMG!!! How clever- wow! Wow, wow wow! 5** and 10 if I could.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/
or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...