Thursday 3 May 2018

38087830


-The Charmed Life of Alex Moore- Molly Flatt- 3.5*
This wasn’t the book that I was expecting. From the blurb I thought it would be a contemporary
tale, however much of it is science fiction which is not really my thing. That said it was an
interesting read but the disappointment I think may have altered my view of things .I am
saying this as my star rating may not do this justice and want to be fair to other readers.
That said it was an engaging story and I took to Alex, the main character quite easily,
albeit whilst thinking she is a little full of herself. This changes as the book progresses-
I won’t spoil anything. Alex has changed. She used to be a “normal” (whatever that means)-
office worker happily engaged to Harry. Then one day her boss offered her a promotion
and since then things have been on the up and up. She co founded a technology company
and is now “famous” within this world. However Harry sees in her a change for the worse.
she receives an invitation for a weekend course which she feels will give her the break
that she needs. On arrival things are not quite as she expected. An interesting read but
as I said in the beginning , more for science fiction fans rather than contemporary
readers.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...