Thursday 14 March 2019




One Minute Later- Susan Lewis- Literary fiction
Prepare for a beautiful, emotional, wonderful read that will leave you in a different
place from where you began. Vivi has a high flying position as a lawyer and loves the
life she leads. She is 27 and has lots of friends celebrating her birthday when she
suddenly feels rather odd. She moves back home whilst her condition is sorted out.
Years earlier in the 1980’s and a young couple have been left a farmhouse by an
Uncle and are thrilled. It needs work but is the perfect place to bring up their young
family of three children and an ever growing population of animals. Two timelines
and two very different stories. I liked Vivi and felt for her predicament. Josh even
as a child comes across as a loveable rascal and a wonderful character as an adult.
I thought I could see where this was going - and it was still an enchanting story.
The determination of Vivi despite her thoughts to herself of how life could be
changed in a heartbeat. Oh wow! A difficult subject handled in a brilliant way.
There is very much a need for more awareness of organ donation and should be
“Opt out” rather than Opt in as it is now. Save9lives is real (google it) as is one of
the characters in the book- I won’t spoil anything. This moved me beyond words
and left me with tears in my eyes and many many thoughts.
A stunning, beautiful read that you will keep in your heart.
I have my own special 5** category for those very extra special books that have
that Je ne sais quoi. This one deserves it in spades.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...