Tuesday 12 March 2019





THE GREENWAY by Jane Adams Police procedural/mystery
Twenty years ago a young girl went missing when she was with her cousin.All the
cousin Cassie could remember was that she fell and then it all went black. Cassie was
traumatised by the event and twenty years on is beginning to come to terms with it.
As a final part of this her, her husband and two friends visit the site where it all
took place and Cassie burns the poster of Suzie- the only thing she kept. Whilst in
the village, another young girl goes missing in the same place that Suzie did- on
the Greenway. Is this coincidence or is Cassie’s visit more than that? I was drawn
in quickly to this book and also liked that a detective at the time of the original
case offered his services and helped with the current one. Experience counts for
a lot in my book. There was not only concern for the missing girls but also for
Cassie’s mental well being which again was nice to hear. This is a gripping, quite
tense at times story. Not just of missing children but so very much more. There
is suspense, a little (suitable) humour and an excellent plot.
This is my first book by this author and it won’t be my last.
A highly enjoyable captivating read.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/
or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1



The Greenway by Jane Adams

DISCOVER ONE OF THE MOST BREATHTAKING PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLERS YOU WILL READ THIS YEAR

“Compellingly told and rich with psychological insight.” Independent

“Nail-biting stuff.” Ms London

“An assured first novel, with a strong cast and a plot which twists and turns without a glitch.” Yorkshire Evening Post

“Adams has a distinctive voice, which I predict will be heard by the majority of mystery fans.”

Shortlisted for the CWA John Creasey Award and for the Author's Club Best First Novel Award.

AUGUST 1975: Cassie Maltham’s life changes forever one scorching day. She and her twelve-year-old cousin Suzie take a shortcut through the Greenway, an ancient pathway steeped in Norfolk legend. Somewhere along this path Suzie simply vanishes . . .

TWENTY YEARS LATER: Cassie is still tormented by nightmares, parts of her memory completely erased. With her husband Fergus and friends Anna and Simon, she returns to Norfolk, determined to confront her fears and solve a mystery that won’t let her rest.

Then another young girl goes missing at the entrance to the Greenway, and Cassie is pushed once more into the darkest recesses of her mind.

John Tynan, the retired detective who’d been in charge of Suzie’s case, is still haunted by her disappearance. He offers his help to Detective Inspector Mike Croft who is leading the increasingly frantic search for the missing child.

Has evil returned? And what really happened all those years ago and who can be believed?

Perfect for fans of Nualla Ellwood, Kl Slater, Gillian Flynn, and Lucy Clarke.

ONE OF THE MOST HAUNTING PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLERS YOU WILL READ THIS YEAR, FULL OF ASTONISHING TWISTS.


Jane Adams Author Bio
Why do I write?
Like most writers, it's a kind of compulsion. The stories are there and I have to try and grab hold of them and pin them onto the page. Most of the time, I enjoy the process; sometimes, I'd rather be doing just about anything else, up to and including the ironing - and I hate ironing.
I started writing when my youngest child went to school. I was incredibly lucky and my first novel, The Greenway, was picked up by Macmillan in 1994 and published in 1995.
I currently write two series; Naomi Blake and Rina Martin. Rina was a character I'd had in mind for years before committing her to paper. An elderly, ex thespian who had played the part of a popular TV detective, she had retired to the seaside and bought a boarding house for other ex performers. Rina's feisty, no nonsense character is, I suppose, based on the rather powerful and opinionated ladies I grew up surrounded by - mother, teachers in the all girls school I attended, aunts and pseudo aunts, all of whom had opinions about everything and made sure these were unstintingly shared.
Naomi Blake, on the other hand, was the brainchild of my late agent, Bob Tanner at International Scripts. 'You should write a blind detective,' he said ' and she needs a big, black guidedog, called Napoleon'.
I thought it was a daft idea, and told him so. I just couldn't see how to do it. But, like a lot of seemingly daft ideas, this one wormed its was into my brain and I realised he was right. It could work and so, the Naomi Blake series came into being.
I have always written in other genres too, short stories in the SF, Fantasy and Gothic Horror genre, and am working on longer projects when time allows. I also teach Creative Writing and have had the great priviligde of being a Royal Literary Fund Fellow at three different universities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...