Thursday 15 March 2018

The Pact: A gripping psychological thriller with heartstopping suspense

The Pact- S. E Lynes- 5**

5** Do not, I repeat do not, read this book unless you want to disappear in to the
pages and not emerge until the end. I found myself turning faster and faster as I
had to find out what was going on. Rosie feels like she is underwater. Her mother
Toni has a pact with her sister Bridget about something that happened to them
30 years beforehand. Rosie is remembering parts of her life to date as she floats
around the seabed in her opalescent world. She was a budding actress in her local
drama group and then following a play an agent approached her. She was a typical
teenager, “like” being every other word and a world of snapchat, Instagram and
Facebook. When a friend of a friend “likes” her her world begins to change.
Oh what a clever idea and so very well done. I really didn’t see the who’s or
where’s (as it should be). I think this should be on the school curriculum in
secondary schools. They know all about it but this would really bring it home.
“It”? I am not going to give anything away as I don’t want to spoil it for you.
If you are a parent read it.Again we have all seen the headlines but this brings
things home so very cleverly. A stunning read and one that will stay with me
for a very long time (and I’m not a parent!). Read and learn. One brilliant book.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...